Bounties (in KMDLabs) can be set for breaking test chains, finding bugs and finding solutions.
KMDLabs provides the test grounds for developers to set up and implement testing programs and a place for them to find testers. Bounties are set and paid by the testing developers and Notary Nodes, not by KMDLabs itself.
KMDLabs can also organize testing for developers as resources permit. If you would like KMDLabs to arrange testing for you please contact us.
KMDLabs also performs testing of its own. Notary Node operators will decide through consensus to whom and what bounties will be paid for KMDLabs’ own testing programs.
We do our best to keep this information as up to date as possible. To be sure of the most current information please reach out to us through Discord.
The bounty system is in the process of being finalized and is the top priority on the KMDLabs’ project list. This development process will use the system under creation to bring about the final bounty mechanism. Aiming for the simplest solution. CC modules may or may not be made use of.
As it stands pre-launch, the basic mechanism looks like this:
– A separate chain, is mined/staked by notaries.
– There is a daily payment of coins that is ABOVE the supply of 10 coins per minute.
– This supply is suggested to be between 0.5-5% of the supply and is locked in a multisig address. (ie. 0.5% would be 720 coins per day available for bounty payouts)
– The funds expire if not used. The best mechanism for going about this is has yet to be determined.
– If the bounty coins are not claimed they will cease to exist and will not inflate the supply.
– Bounties only inflate the supply if bugs are found and fixed.
– Project devs are also able to put up their own bounties, over and above this supply, if they want or need to get something done faster or take priority over other projects.
– Bounty signers are responsible for signing bounty claims that they agree are fair.
– This mechanism will evolve and change as the working implementation is developed and optimized. There are a number of possible solutions being considered. KMDLabs developers and community excel at finding the best solution for a problem. This has been, and is being, demonstrated in the creation and beginnings of the KMDLabs project itself.